Polished Concrete Floors
Your Local Concrete Polishing Experts
Concrete polishing is the perfect solution for those who want a modern, yet low-maintenance, interior design at the most affordable rates. We offer services for both residential and commercial properties in Toronto & across GTA
What are the advantages of a polished concrete floor?
At Polished Floors, we know how to make our clients happy. We do this by making your vision for your property a reality. Polished concrete surfaces are ideal for your commercial or residential space, because they are guaranteed to keep your area protected from outside elements or hazardous household chemicals. On top of that, they are aesthetically pleasing, highly resistant to damage, eco-friendly, and long-lasting!
Additionally, polishing your floors ensures that they can better withstand foot traffic. So if you have a commercial space, this is an important feature for you and your business. This is a significant thing you can do in your space to make sure you get to enjoy your beautiful new floors for years to come. These are just some of the many benefits of concrete polishing for your commercial or residential property.
Start polishing your floor today.
The concrete structure could be indoor or outdoor. There are many benefits of concrete and polished concrete. If you did not go for concrete polishing in Toronto at the time of construction or installation, you can still do so later. There is no stringent time constraint. You can easily choose a retrofit upgrade and derive all the benefits of polished concrete. We have a multipronged approach and every job is customized as per the needs of the property and the stated objectives of the client. After we are done polishing the concrete installation, we would leave your premises spotlessly clean and noticeably enhanced.
Polished concrete has many distinct advantages.
It is much sturdier than other materials. It is practically harder and actually denser than ordinary concrete. Polished concrete is not a superficial treatment. Although the surface is smoothened, any anomalies are taken care of and you do have a visually more aesthetic floor or space, there are structural impacts as well. Polished concrete is much more resistant to dust, water, mold, allergens and mite. Polished concrete is also more resistant to weather extremes. This is one of the reasons why you should always go for concrete polishing in Toronto for outdoor spaces. They will look much better and stay that way for decades with nominal upkeep.
Concrete polishing personalized to your needs.
You can opt for a color you want. You can go for a distinct type of sheen or glossiness. You may choose to have some unique design etched onto the surface. There are many ways to make a floor stand out. This can always be in sync with the interior or exterior décor, the fixtures there are and the purpose of the floor or space. You do not need to make any compromises whatsoever. You can choose concrete polishing in Toronto for a myriad of objectives. It could be nothing more than an aesthetic upgrade. Polished concrete can be a part of your rebranding exercise. Many commercial spaces want to change the texture, color and quality of their flooring to be in synergy with their new interior décor. It can also be a structural upgrade to counter the effects of ageing and deterioration.
Why Choose Polished Floors Services?
|✓ Quality Services||Top Rated ★★★★★|
|✓ Service Areas||Toronto & GTA|
|✓ Concrete Floors Cost||Affordable Prices|
|✓ Polishing Experience||Over 15 Years!|
|✓ FREE Estimate||(905) 731-7085|
Here are the 5 steps we take to make your floors shine:
- Step 1: Determine Hardness – We test 3 areas of the floor to see how hard the concrete is.
- Step 2: Grinding – Grind the floor 2 – 6 times to remove any coating and repair and fill any holes or cracks.
- Step 3: Densifier & Stains – Apply densifier to the floor for added protection and stains for the coloured concrete look.
- Step 4: Polishing – Polish the floor with up to 3,000 resin grits.
- Step 5: Seal and Burnishing – We add sealing to protect from grease, oil and chemicals, and then we add burnish for maximum shine.
COMMERCIAL CONCRETE POLISHING
Our team can handle any commercial project, from warehouses and factories to art galleries and retail outlets. We cover all your polishing needs, no matter how big the space.
RESIDENTIAL CONCRETE POLISHING
Your floors will look unrecognizable once we’re done with them! Polished applications create beautiful, eco-friendly, and durable floors that will make your home look better than new.
Frequently Asked Questions About Polished Concrete
What is polished concrete flooring? Is it a good idea for an apartment?
These are all questions you may be asking yourself. So, here we will discuss everything there is to know about concrete floors and how they can affect your home or building design plans.
Polished concrete is becoming more popular in the world of interior design. It used to be reserved for commercial interiors like office buildings and industrial sites but now homeowners and renters alike enjoy its benefits as well. The biggest benefit boils down to affordability—this modernized surface has become so widespread that even smaller projects can afford it! This means if you’re looking for new flooring ideas at affordable prices, then polished concrete may very well fit the bill perfectly. However, before you take the plunge, there are a few things you should know.
Polished concrete can be a good option for certain areas of apartments. It is extremely durable and looks great. Polished concrete can be a great option for your patio if you are on the first floor. Aside from the communal hallways, which polished concrete is perfect for, it is also a great option for your apartment entryway and dining area. The most important thing to remember is that polished concrete in apartments must be cleaned regularly – and it is very easy to clean.
How much does it cost to polish old concrete?
The cost to polish already existing concrete is generally more affordable, depending on the size of the project and the materials being used. Of course, it can increase depending on any extras that are applied such as staining or scoring.
How long does concrete polishing last?
Polished concrete, when properly maintained, can last for a very long time. They should generally last at least 20 years, but when properly cared for they should be able to last indefinitely. Even in commercial settings polished concrete can last for a very long time.
Concrete is the largest man-made material in existence, so you can imagine how long it takes to produce. After we manufacture concrete, we polish and finish it for a specific application such as polished floors or decorative surfaces like polished counters and islands. And once that surface is finished, our job isn’t over! We must maintain your flooring because when done properly; polished concrete will last much longer than conventional finishes. For example: if you have an epoxy resin countertop at home and spill something on it (let’s say oil), what do you think happens? It stains right away and leaves behind residue until someone cleans up after you. But with polished concrete, there are no liquids cured into the surface which means spills wipe right away and will not stain or leave behind a residue.
How do you apply a concrete floor?
To properly polish concrete, you need to use the proper tools, equipment, and steps. The process of polishing concrete is similar to sanding wood. You have to use machines that are equipped with diamond-segmented abrasives to grind down the surface of the concrete. You must progress from using coarse-grit abrasives to fine-grit abrasives. This creates the glossy polished look.
There are various steps involved in the process of applying a concrete floor, such as:
– The surface has to be properly prepared before it can receive an application.
– Applications used for this purpose include sealers, stains, and coatings that protect the surface from wear and tear. These applications also provide additional benefits like increasing slip resistance levels so accidents don’t happen at home or in businesses.
– Depending on the type of flooring you apply to your property, there may be some things that need special attention during installation/repair work. For example, if you’re looking into polishing concrete floors then cracks should not be present since these will increase friction underfoot which could cause serious injuries when walking over polished surfaces with wet shoes etc.
– Make sure that the flooring is installed over a dry, solid and flat surface.
What is the best way to polish concrete?
There are 2 ways to polish concrete: wet method or dry method. The dry method is used more often because it is faster, more convenient, and more environmentally friendly. Wet polishing uses water. The water cools the diamond abrasives and eliminates the grinding dust. However, the wet method creates a large amount of slurry that must be collected and disposed of in an environmentally safe way. Dry polishing does not use water and the dust is instead collected into a dust-containment system that vacuums it all up.
Can I polish the concrete floor by hand?
Polishing concrete is not recommended as a DIY project as the job requires using heavy equipment and special tools. If you are looking to get your concrete floors polished, we recommend hiring a professional concrete polishing contractor, just like the team at Polished Floors.
-If you choose to do it yourself, keep in mind that the concrete floor needs some prep work beforehand.
-It is very important to use a professional grade diamond polish for this job so as not to damage or scratch the surface of your new concrete flooring.
Is concrete flooring a good idea?
Concrete flooring is a good idea for those who want to create an industrial-chic look in their living spaces.
Sealed concrete floors are also ideal for use at home, as they provide easy maintenance and will not cost you much money.
There are various options available when it comes to choosing the right concrete polishing service provider in Toronto or across GTA. We have worked with many companies over the years and can tell you that Polished Floors offers excellent customer support along with top-quality services within budget rates. If you’re looking to get your polished concrete floors done by experts, then now is the time! Schedule your free estimate today!
What are the advantages of using concrete as flooring?
There are many benefits associated with using this material as flooring, such as:
– Concrete is a non-porous surface that does not allow the penetration of dirt and germs. It discourages dust accumulation on polished floors hence keeping them clean for longer periods.
– Retrofitting concrete surfaces by adding protective coatings can be extremely easy to do since it allows you to choose from a variety of designs and patterns. The possibilities are endless!
– The concrete flooring options are extremely easy to maintain by simply sweeping the floors regularly.
So what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us today so we can start working toward your goals! Call Polished Floors or fill out our online contact form if you have any questions about polishing concrete floors or sealing concrete flooring.
There are various options available when it comes to choosing the right concrete polishing service provider in Toronto or across GTA. We have worked with many companies over the years and can tell you that Polished Floors offers excellent customer support along with top quality services within budget rates. If you’re looking to get polished concrete floors done by experts, then now is the time! Schedule your free estimate today!
How do you maintain polished concrete floors?
Polished floors do not require a lot of maintenance. The most important thing to remember is to avoid using acids and strong chemicals that can eat away at the finish. All polished floors really need to be cleaned with is mild detergent such as liquid dish soap. Most of the time all they need to remain clean is sweeping and dust mopping.
It is not as hard as it may seem, but you should make sure that the floor has been polished completely. If there are any areas left unpolished then this could become a problem and damage the floor. The first thing to do would be to seal off any cracks or holes in your concrete floor with some kind of adhesive if they exist. This will prevent anything from getting underneath and causing problems later on down the line.
The next step would be to protect the floor with a coat of sealant. You want to coat it so that no dust or debris is coming through any cracks, but also make sure not to use too much material either as this could damage your polished concrete floors. It should take around three coats for maximum results, and you will need about 80-100 square feet per gallon of paint depending on how many layers you apply. After doing all these steps then you are ready to start polishing the floor!
How slippery is polished concrete?
Polished concrete provides the same degree of slip resistance as other hard surfaces, such as tile or stone. It is typically made with a resin overlay on top of an epoxy coating to give it its glossy finish. This makes polished concrete very durable and so easy to maintain, but how slippery is polished concrete?
Well, to answer that question let’s take a look at some real-life examples. Polished concrete floors are used in the following areas, such as Office Buildings, Retail Stores, Hospitals, and many other places. In all the cases there is a reasonable amount of foot traffic from those entering and exiting the building. Yet neither surface seems particularly slippery or dangerous to walk on. That’s because polished concrete can be made as smooth as needed by sanding it with progressively finer grit sandpaper until its texture resembles that of glass. This causes no damage to the underlying structure nor does it reduce strength – quite the opposite! By increasing smoothness, strength and durability are increased.
Why does concrete crack?
1. The most common cause of concrete cracking is when water seeps into the cracks and freezes
2. Concrete can also crack due to improper curing or sealing, which causes moisture in the concrete to evaporate too quickly
3. Another reason for concrete cracking is when it’s not mixed correctly with enough water
4. Finally, a lot of people think that salt from their hands dries on the surface of the wet cement and leaves behind a deposit that affects its ability to harden properly.
The practical flooring solution in Toronto & GTA
As part of our focus on quality workmanship, we strive to make your floors spotless. Our knowledgeable staff will fulfill any floor polishing needs!
We understand that it’s important to have options. That’s why our experts offer custom services to suit your needs, such as diverse decorative designs and engravings!
Your floors deserve quality care. That’s why our team enthusiastically tackles each project with the utmost care and dedication. We’re not just here to make floors shiny – we make them last!
Costly fees are finally a thing of the past. With us, you get the best floor polishing services at affordable prices, using durable materials that will save you money on future maintenance.
Concrete Floor Applications
Commercial Floor Polishing Services
Our environmentally-friendly techniques, high-quality products, and heavy-duty professional equipment ensures that we can take care of all your floor needs. Whether you need decorative designs, epoxy coating, or custom logos, we’ve got you covered with fast and reliable services.
- Industrial / Warehouse: Large areas, such as warehouses, require proper flooring. Our polishing techniques will ensure you get high-quality and durable floors made to last.
- Showroom / Retail: When it comes to showroom and retail spaces, your floor should be spotless. Our team can install or restore existing concrete to give commercial areas that shiny, new look.
- Restaurant / Kitchen: Your kitchen or restaurant loses value if it has dusty, worn floors. Our techniques will create enviably beautiful floors to make mealtimes even more enjoyable.
Residential Floor Polishing Services
Our residential floor polishing services can help you revive old concrete with a low-maintenance and high-gloss application. This process is both cost-effective and long-lasting, and can incorporate creative designs while accommodating a tight budget.
- Garage: Protect your garage floor with an epoxy coating. This durable finish is resistant to alkalis, acids, and harsh chemicals!
- Basement: Our concrete repair service will restore the structural strength of your basement floor, fixing any cracks and increasing durability.
- Loft / Condo: Concrete polishing is a perfect complement to both modern and antique interiors, and can be further customized with decorative designs to match your style.
- Patio / Pool: Outdoor areas, such as patios and pools, can become worn down and cracked from harsh climates. Make them more durable and structurally sound with our services!
Different Types Of Concrete Finishes
Concrete floor finishes can range from highly polished and decorative to more utilitarian options. The most popular varieties are:
- Polished Concrete: This is the most common type of concrete floor finish, and it involves grinding down the top layer of concrete to create a smooth, shiny surface. It is often used in commercial spaces and offers a high level of durability and low maintenance requirements.
- Stained Concrete: This option involves adding colour, pattern, or texture to the existing concrete surface using coloured dyes or stains. It’s great for creating unique designs and can last a long time with proper care and maintenance.
- Epoxy Coating: An epoxy coating is usually applied to concrete floors to protect them from wear and tear, improve resistance to staining, and give the surface a glossy look. It is most often used in garages or commercial spaces for its durability.
- Concrete Overlays: A concrete overlay is a thin layer of cement-based material that is applied directly on top of existing concrete. It can be used to create decorative designs or add texture to an otherwise plain floor.
- Acid Staining: This type of finish involves applying an acid solution onto the surface of the concrete with a brush or sprayer, which reacts with minerals already present in the concrete and creates unique color variations.
- Sealed Concrete: Sealing your concrete floor can help protect it from dirt and stains, as well as improve its appearance. It involves applying a sealant to the surface that creates a barrier that prevents moisture, dirt, and other contaminants from penetrating the concrete.
What is Concrete Floor Finishing & How Does It Work?
Concrete floor finishing is a process that involves prepping, smoothing, and sealing the concrete surface of a floor for decorative appeal. The process starts with cleaning the concrete floor to prepare it for any additional steps. If necessary, professionals can use grinding equipment to smooth out imperfections and high spots in the surface. After grinding, if needed, repair materials such as crack fillers are used to patch small cracks or holes in the concrete. Once that’s complete, a sealer can be applied to strengthen and protect the concrete from staining or wear.
The process of concrete floor finishing can transform a simple concrete slab into a beautiful and durable surface that can last for years with proper maintenance. With a variety of options available, homeowners and businesses alike can create an attractive look while taking advantage of all that concrete has to offer. By investing in the right equipment and products, you can ensure that your concrete floor is finished with a timeless look that will last for years.
Concrete floor finishing can be an attractive addition to any space, giving it character and longevity. With the right tools and professionals on hand, this process can help to create a beautiful floor that is both durable and easy to maintain. A properly finished concrete floor will last for many years and offer a timeless appeal throughout its life. Concrete floor finishing is an excellent option for any homeowner or business looking to add beauty while taking advantage of the durability of concrete. With the right planning and maintenance, your concrete floor can provide years of beauty and functionality.
Concrete flooring experts for over 15 years!
At Polished Floors, we care about our clients. That’s why we develop innovative systems that allow us to achieve optimal results and guarantee customer satisfaction. Our clients know us for our GTA and Toronto concrete polishing services. Our team understands the importance of quality floors, which is why we:
- Strive to Improve – We research the latest in floor polishing techniques and modern design to improve our services.
- Value Your Opinion – Customer service is our first priority. That’s why our team goes above and beyond to guarantee your satisfaction.
- Commit to Quality – We can meet the needs of any space – regardless of its size! No unfinished business. It’s that simple.
- Offer Variety – It’s good to have options. That’s why you can count on us to tailor our services with custom designs upon request.
Ben’s team was great. It is very clear that he knows what he is doing and has his customers’ interests at heart. Not only was he very reasonably priced but his work is top quality. He also provided additional service/advice which was much appreciated. Thanks so much for our beautiful floors!
Was referred to Polished Floors by my friend. Had an about 2200 sq.ft. showroom with an ugly old stained concrete floors. A week later I have a sparkly-shiny-lovely floor so beautiful that I can’t even describe how happy am I. Love it!!!
I had my office and warehouse polished from the guys at polished floors and I was very surprised to see what I had shown them in a picture was transformed in my office. I showed the guys what I wanted in a photo and they made the exact look as I had shown them. Very happy! I recommend these guys to everyone. Cheers.
WHO WE ARE
Concrete Polishing across Toronto and the GTA
Polished Floors has provided concrete polishing services for both commercial and residential spaces for the past 15 years, and learned one thing in particular: nothing beats quality.
The commitment to providing only the highest-quality service has lead us to become the leading floor polishing company among our many competitors. The formula is simple: we care about what you care about. And we always go above and beyond to ensure that your satisfaction is guaranteed. Floors that always look shiny and brand new? It can’t get any better than that!
Our concrete flooring services provide cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and aesthetically pleasing floors that meet the needs of any space – regardless of its size. We also tailor our services to meet your needs, and can add customized logos and designs upon request.
Trust us – we know quality floors!
Why Choose Polished Floors
With an eye for aesthetically pleasing design and an array of amazing patterns, we take flooring to the next level. Our custom floor services make any space look better than new!
WE TIDY UP
Our floor polishing services are cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and will give your floors an entirely new dimension. Your home or office space will look clean and well-maintained for a long time!
Our professional floor polishing services are wallet-friendly and can scale to any budget. What’s more, their durability requires little maintenance over time, saving you money on future repairs.
EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
At Polished Floors, our customers matter. We go above and beyond to make sure all your needs are met. Our friendly staff will even tailor our services to suit your project with custom logos and designs!
CONCRETE POLISHING EXPERTS
With over 15 years of experience, we have learned nothing beats reliability and efficiency. We can make any floor durable and resistant, and value the opinions of our clients to guarantee satisfaction.
WE PRIORITIZE QUALITY
At the end of the day, it all comes down to quality. Concrete polishing will contribute to the value of your property and make your floors look amazing. When we start a project, we commit to excellence.
We Only Use The Best Polishing Equipment
Lavina Floor Grinder
Scanmaskin Floor Grinder
Working With You, For You...
Here at Polished Floors, we care about our clients. That’s why our team strives to go above and beyond to guarantee customer satisfaction. With over 15 years of experience, we offer concrete polishing applications that are both reputable and affordable. Our store is located in North York, Toronto and we are dedicated to delivering only the best results, so we value your opinions and ideas. Quality service is our first priority. You can depend on us for speedy services across the GTA, at the most affordable rates. Why wait? Contact us today for your new polished floors!
Ready to get started?
Our highly skilled staff is always ready to work with you to fulfill your polishing needs. But that’s not all we are here to help you with. We also offer in-house installation for locations across Toronto and the GTA. That’s why we offer in-house installation, a wide selection of decorative designs, and affordable services. Whether you’re looking for installation, decoration, or repair services, the experts at Polished Floors are always happy to help – no matter the size of the space. So if you are ready to revitalize your residential or commercial property, then we invite you to contact us today. Let’s get started on bringing your dream space to life!